Please join the Family First Evidence & Child Welfare Webinar for updates and technical assistance on evidence issues and Family First.
This post will be updated as new webinars are announced. The next webinar is slated for the mid-September, 2020. Materials from past webinars can be found below.
August 12, 2020 Webinar
- Shilesha Bamberg and Leah Hill from the office of Sen. Sherrod Brown on the Child Welfare Emergency Assistance Act (S. 4172) and related legislation.
- Ann Stock and Kyle Peplinski, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), on lessons learned and intersections between the home visiting and Family First.
- Kathleen Strader of Healthy Families America and Jaime Russell of Children’s Home & Aid on lessons learned for this evidence-based Family First model
- Combined presentations (pdf file)
June 29, 2020 Webinar
- Dr. Peter Pecora, Managing Director of Research Services at Casey Family Programs on the current status of Family First state planning efforts.
- Dr. Angelique Day, University of Washington School of Social Work, on the impact of Covid-19 on FFPSA planning. Also presented a case study of evidence building for Kinship Navigator programs.
- Marisa Morin, Sen. Ron Wyden, on the current status of related legislation on Capitol Hill.
- Combined presentations (Power Point file)
- Additional Materials: Multi-State Overview of the Interventions that States Plan to Include in Their Family First Prevention and Services Act State Plan (pdf)